I believe in the richness, uniqueness, and depth that Life itself brings to each person. Making YOU the expert in the journey of YOUR life.
Compassionate and guided exploration of self within the context of a safe therapeutic environment can be a source of incredible healing.
My roots are in Rogerian/humanistic psychology. I have an eclectic approach from various Trauma-Focused psychotherapy models. I have specific training in the following Evidence-Based treatment models:
- Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Sensorimotor (body/somatic) psychotherapy
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Internal Family Systems Model (IFS)
- Mindfulness-Based CBT
I am a yoga teacher and when clinically appropriate I weave-in Trauma Sensitive Yoga in each psychotherapy session.
My yoga training includes:
- Yoga Jaya in Burbank, Ca in the tradition/lineage of Krishnamacharya Yoga and the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali.
- Trauma-Informed Yoga for Mental Health Clinical Practice, Debra Premashakti Alvis, PhD Pasadena, California
- Neuroscience and Yoga in the Treatment of Complex Developmental, or Repeated Trauma, Irina Diyankova, PhD Pasadena, California
- Healing Trauma Through Yoga, David Emerson, E-RYT
Center for Trauma and Embodiment at JRI